Youth Discovery Inc is a private charitable organization, dedicated to helping build better futures for multicultural youth in the United States. It was established in 2008 by Carlos Roundy, founder of Spiricon, and Judy Torres.
The primary mission of Youth Discovery is to support the local community in their efforts to effectively meet the educational, social, and emotional needs of Latino and multicultural youth in Cache Valley, in order to help them meet their full potential as strong, capable individuals and leaders of their communities. In pursuit of this goal, Youth Discovery writes grants that help communities, groups, and individuals fashion more innovative, cost-effective responses to these needs.
We want our youth to envision and realize their full potential. We view the following as integral to that goal:
1) That all youth have strong relationships with role models and mentors with whom they can relate and identify;
2) That school attendance and graduation rates increase;
3) That college attendance and completion by multicultural youth increases;
4) That all youth form and maintain positive social interaction with peers and adults;
5) That all youth have positive outlets for their energy.